As I type this there is just over one hour left in 2011, a year that has had its … challenges. Still, despite not being the easiest of years, it had some pretty fantastic moments. In (roughly) chronological order, 2011 was the year I:
- Visited New Zealand for the first time
- Became a little bit obsessed with penguins
- Found out how utterly unemployable I am in Canada right now.
- Worked at March Break Camp
- Got my grown up driver’s license
- Met Becca’s baby
- Marveled at the fact that my peers are now becoming parents.
- “Surprised” Kate for her birthday and (finally) got to eat fire-roasted perogies again.
- Moved to Japan
- Revisited culture shock
- Visited Kyoto and Hiroshima
- Hosted my dad for Christmas
The list is certainly not exhaustive, but it hits on the most fun moments.
I look forward to the new adventures that 2012 will undoubtedly unleash. To my friends and family at home and abroad, I hope that the new year brings you all health, restful sleep, and happy adventures. Happy New Year! 今年もよろしくお願いします